Ruminations

Posts about Books, Food, Current Affairs, Music and Movies.

Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Brihaspati - An Indian male living in the upper mid-west part of the USA. Lazy as they come, loves listening to Indian classical music and classic rock, bibliophile, oenophile, epicurean, rationalist, dabbles in existentialism and Indian philosophy, amateur tennis and table-tennis player.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Repeating Verses is not music

Channelsurfing made me tune to International Music Feed. They had an one hr music segment called "Passage to India". The India this path lead me to was completely alien to me. I shouldnt complain as I have lived outside of India for the past 8 years.

Whatever passes as popular music in India these days doesnt appeal to me. I heard 3 wannabe singers - Shweta Shetty (Shilpa Shetty's sister?), Sheizwood Ashish and a third artist with an equally inconsequential name. I dont recall who but atleast two of them had hip-hopish ambitions. I have listened to some good hip-hop in the US but this was pure noise. Please, spare us - repeating the same verse fast does not make it music.

I know I am digressing here but are there any fans of John B Higgins out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home