Ruminations

Posts about Books, Food, Current Affairs, Music and Movies.

Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Brihaspati - An Indian male living in the upper mid-west part of the USA. Lazy as they come, loves listening to Indian classical music and classic rock, bibliophile, oenophile, epicurean, rationalist, dabbles in existentialism and Indian philosophy, amateur tennis and table-tennis player.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Disappointing Tamil Movies

Once in a blue moon - that is how often I get an urge to watch a Tamil movie. It is usually the urge to watch something Tamil that drives me to rent a Tamil movie. Last Wednesday, I had one such urge and rented two movies - Thenali and London Dreams. Now, I rue having rented those movies.

Thenali was despicable - Why does an experienced actor like Kamal have to stoop so low into acting in a slap-stick lift-off of the 1991 Hollywood movie, " What About Bob?". I know, I know, Kamal has made it a habit to lift, no plagiarise, hollywood themes and dub them into bad Tamil flicks. I should have known better. The first few minutes of the movie rendered it irredeemable and it never recovered after that. I even feel insulted writing a post about it

The next movie was London - it is not worth even to comment. Pure, un-adulterated drivel. I will leave it at that. We did not watch the whole movie. Turned it off after the first 10 minutes and returned it.

Now, we are watching Bride and Prejudice. Before Paavana gets upset with my blogging, I will end this post now :).

2 Comments:

Blogger Poornima said...

I watched Bride and Prejudice on Saturday!

Sorry about your experience with the other movies :-). I'm not a very big movie fan, and have watched too few to comment.

7/11/2005 03:52:00 pm  
Blogger brihaspati said...

Yeah, Bride and Prejudice was ok. Not a total fiasco. Masaledar like many Indian movies are but tolerable.

We returned to Indian movies after trying to watch Ingemar Bergman movies. His Automn Sonata can be a real yawner

7/11/2005 05:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home