Ruminations

Posts about Books, Food, Current Affairs, Music and Movies.

Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Brihaspati - An Indian male living in the upper mid-west part of the USA. Lazy as they come, loves listening to Indian classical music and classic rock, bibliophile, oenophile, epicurean, rationalist, dabbles in existentialism and Indian philosophy, amateur tennis and table-tennis player.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Tennis Elbow

After a really long winter break, I started playing tennis again last week. There is a big group from work that plays regularly and some of the guys that play are bordeline state-level players. So, you can easily imagine me getting pummeled and that would be entirely factual. The best set I have played so far, I lost 6-4.

Inspite of my victory starved pursuits, I really love both the tennis and table tennis. With Tennis, I get some inexplicbable pleasure in hitting the ball around especially when the ball hits a tightly strung racket and makes the "thump" sound.

Next 3 months will be fun - till September atleast. The weather will be mostly great and I will progressively get better at tennis. Then it will be winter - I will stop play and ergo loose the touch - and I will start next summer again. It's all good.

Having played on and off for 4 years now, I think it is time for a better racket than the beginner's I-too-can-play-tennis class racket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home