Ruminations

Posts about Books, Food, Current Affairs, Music and Movies.

Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Brihaspati - An Indian male living in the upper mid-west part of the USA. Lazy as they come, loves listening to Indian classical music and classic rock, bibliophile, oenophile, epicurean, rationalist, dabbles in existentialism and Indian philosophy, amateur tennis and table-tennis player.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Sideways

I finally finished reading consilience. I started reading Sideways just because it is about an oenophile.
Slightly disappointed that the book makes fun of Merlot which is one of my favorite wines.

I dont know why, but the last 3-4 times when I tried ordering Pinot-Noirs, I ended up asking for Pinot-Grigios. I am not a big fan of white wines. I long for rich, full bodied reds. I like the tanin to be low.

More to come on sideways as I read more.

Talking about wines, its hard to find good affordable wines in Madras. The state government's decision to centralize all alcohol sales under its marketing department sucks. I understand that this is a big revenue stream for the goverment but why not levy a special tax on alcohol but let retailers sell them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home